- Assemble your deskphone: Assemble the phone components following the manufacturer’s instructions included with your device. Connect the handset to the phone base using the handset cord. Make sure to connect the handset cord to the handset port on the phone base and not the headset port.
- Plug into a power source: Your phone can receive power either via the Power adapter included with the phone or by using Power over Ethernet (PoE). If you are using the power adapter, plug the adapter into a standard wall outlet, and the other end into the phone’s power port. If using PoE, please skip to Step 3.
- Connect to the internet: Using the ethernet cable, connect the network port of the phone (see below) to the network port on your router or network wall outlet that connects to the internet. If you’re using PoE to power the phone, make sure the PoE switch is connected to the network. You can also connect using WiFi under the phone settings menu if it is supported by your phone, however, RingCentral recommends connecting to your network with an ethernet cable due to the varying reliability of WiFi signals.
- Confirm your phone is assigned to the right user, online, and active: A fully activated online phone will display the assigned extension’s profile name on the phone’s screen and the date and time set on the extension. For the phones purchased in advanced and unassigned phones, the display will show Phone User Removed, or an abbreviation of this. You will need to assign the unassigned phone to a user extension.
- Make a test call: Call any number. If you hear a dial tone and are able to place a successful call, your device has been successfully provisioned.
If you need additional help for a specific phone brand please navigate to our manufacturer guides section by clicking https://help.voicelogix.com/categories/guides/