- Press the Menu/Home Key.
- Select Settings.
- Select Advanced. The Password will depend on the profile:
- Active (with profile): acquire and use the MAC Password
- Inactive (no profile): default password, 456.
- Select Administration Settings.
- Select Reset to Defaults.
- Select Reset to Factory.
- Select Yes for Are you Sure.
- The Phone will reboot twice and it can then be provisioned.
How to Perform a Hard Reset
Use the below steps if the following is met:
- The phone is on a boot loop and no longer going to the home menu
- The default password or mac password don’t work
- If its a 3rd party phone
- The account is already canceled and you cannot access the account manager to download the extension CSV
- Reboot the phone and wait for the starting application.
- While the phone is in the starting application wait for the cancel button to appear then press it.
- The phone will show a 7 seconds count down. This is the only open window to press the key combination to go to the hard reset page.
- Press and hold 1 3 5 within the 7-second count down until it prompts you to the password page
- Enter the device’s MAC ID as the password (e.g 0004f28619dc).
- Press the 2nd soft key that corresponds to the mode or (encoding) to change it to A->abc or a->abc.
- To get letter “F”
- Press 3 three times.
For information on how to operate your Polycom VVX 150/250/350/450 not referenced here, please refer to the user guide.