- Click on the Home button
- Scroll to the Settings (gear icon) and click on it
- Go to Advanced
- Enter the admin password (456 by default)
- Go to Administration Settings
- Go to Reset to Defaults
- Go to Reset To Factory
- Say Yes when it asks Are you sure?
How to Perform a Hard Reset
- Power off the phone by unplugging the power or network
- Plug the phone back in
- Wait until you see Cancel, then press Cancel button
- Quickly press and hold down the following keys: 1, 3, 5
- After holding down the correct keys during boot, you should be prompted for an admin password.
- Enter the MAC address of the phone as the password. In order to enter the password, use the keypad to type it in. You will need to switch between numeric and alphanumeric entry modes in order to enter it correctly.
- Once the password is entered correctly, you will be prompted a final time whether you would like to reset. Proceed and your phone should now reboot to complete the process.
- In the event that you get the password wrong, on the next screen, you can simply press Cancel and it will return to the password prompt and you can try again.
For information on how to operate your Polycom VVX Series not referenced here, please refer to the user guide.